Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How much would you pay for this view?

As some of you know, I am a Real Estate agent with Keller Williams Realty in the Highlands, Cashiers,Sapphire, and Scaly Mountain  area. I am a member of our local board the Highlands-Cashiers Board of Realtors. I recently had a conversation with a neighbor who is renting a home next to me in Scaly Mountain. His big question to me was "why are homes so expensive here and why does it cost so much to live here?" I did my very best to answer his question. I told him that I had lived in two other resort towns,where the cost of living  was very high and because they are considered resort destinations. With our higher elevations, you get cooler temperatures, long range views,waterfalls, rivers, creeks and streams.I could only quote to him that a fellow Realtor once told a group of fellow agents from a different part of our state, that we don't sell by the square foot we sell views. Our views come with a price, a very big price. Now, I grant you not all properties come with an exceptional, layered mountain view. Then there is the old cliche' Location,Location, Location. If you strive to have an Aspen,CO address it is going to cost you major big bucks to buy a home there. The same can be said for Key West,  FL or any other big name resort town. Scaly Mountain,NC may not get the same attention that Highlands, NC does, but what it does offer is the same cool temperatures, long range views, and a little more my breathing room. We have our neighbors near by but not so close that I can see into there living room to see what they are watching on TV. As of this day, I have found 48 homes on the market in Scaly Mountain. They range in price starting at $125,000 to $1,795,000. Several of them need some TLC, others just need some painting and touch up work done, the rest you would just need to move in and unpack your toothbrush. In my opinion, you are not just buying a home in the mountains, you are buying a life style.Cool summer days, lovely views and so much more. If you are interested in looking at any of these homes, please sign up on my website; www.homesinhighlandsnc.com or email me
 for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment