Thursday, January 30, 2014

Scaly Mountain, NC Life


Scaly Mountain, NC
As a resident of Scaly Mountain, NC for 18 years, I have grown to call it home. There are endless reasons why I have fallen in love with the area. The slow pace and peaceful surroundings help me unwind after working all day. Just taking a walk to my vegetable and flower garden a mile away, reminds me every time why I enjoy living here. There is no shortage of activities here in Scaly Mountain. Starting with the new Highlands Aerial Park… I have talked to a neighbor who has experienced the zip lines on several occasions and has enjoyed it every time. We have the Scaly Mountain Outdoor Center which offers snow tubing and ice skating in the winter, to trout fishing and tubing in the summer. There are hiking trails and waterfalls to enjoy if you know where to look. One of the biggest reasons I love living here is the rushing creek right behind my house. My wife and I will sit on the back deck in our rocking chairs with an apple martini. We get a chance to talk about gardening around the house, which veggies to plant in the spring or planning our next vacation. Anyone who lives here can relate to the quiet surroundings and the beauty of nature that we see every day. This is my little piece of heaven on earth! More people will come to call it home. 
Contact us today for the hiking trails and waterfalls we enjoy in Scaly Mountain, NC or for the active listings on the MLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment